- Feb 10 Shelagh Gallagher - UAGC
- Mar 01 SheTech
- Mar 03 FIRST Robotic State Competition
- Mar 21 Tech Expo - OWTC
- Apr 06 April Lottery
- Jun 15 Leaders By H.E.A.R.T.
- Jun 18 Scholar Prep Camps Begin!
- Jul 09 Information Night
- Aug 14 Placement Tests Resume
- Aug 16 Meet the TEAM Night
- Aug 21 Seniors' Meeting
- Aug 23 Public Tour of the Cavalier Home! 6PM
- Aug 24 Administrative Meetings Resume
- Aug 24 Scholars Supply Drop Off noon to 4 PM
- Aug 25 FIRST Utah Robotics Symposium
- Aug 27 First day of ACADEMY!
- Aug 28 FIDDLER ON THE ROOF AUDITIONS
- Aug 30 OPEN HOUSE Thursdays at 6 PM!
- Aug 31 Cross Country Info Meeting!
- Sep 15 First Cross Country Meet
- Sep 20 OPEN HOUSE Thursdays at 6 PM!
- Sep 21 Middle School Street Sock Hop 7-9 PM
- Sep 22 High School Street Sock Hop 7 - 9 PM
- Sep 22 Open House 11 - 2 PM
- Oct 10 PSAT/NMSQT
- Oct 11 Family Mentor Partnership Meeting (FMP) 9:00 AM/6:30 PM
- Oct 18 Fall Break 18 - 21
- Oct 20 Debate Fall Classic - BYU
- Oct 24 STEM Fest
- Oct 24 FAFSA FORM NIGHT 7 PM
- Oct 26 Friendship Assembly 8 - 9 AM
- Oct 26 Model United Nations Debate - BYU
- Oct 27 Robotics Build Day - Ogden High
- Oct 27 Fall Arts Gala 6:30 PM
- Oct 30 CHIPOTLE SPIRIT NIGHT 5 - 9
- Nov 02 FIDDLER rehearsals
- Nov 08 12:45 Dismissal - Scholars
- Nov 19 Thanksgiving Break 19-23
- Nov 27 Chili's Fundraiser 11 - 11
- Nov 27 GIVING TUESDAY!
- Nov 30 WONDER Assembly 8 AM
- Dec 06 FMP Council Meeting 9:00 am
- Dec 06 Parent University 7 PM
- Dec 14 Snow Ball Grades 6 - 8
- Dec 15 FIRST Robotics Qualifier
- Dec 15 Snow Ball Grades 9 - 12
- Dec 19 NHS/NJHS Induction Ceremony
- Dec 22 Christmas Break
- Jan 03 WINTERIM
- Jan 07 LATE START 10:00 AM
- Jan 10 Planetarium Grade Six
- Jan 11 RUBE Goldberg Competition
- Jan 12 Ritchey Fair Workshop
- Jan 18 Winterfest
- Jan 21 No Academy!
- Jan 23 HALF DAY - 8:00 - noon
- Jan 25 COURAGE Assembly 8 am
- Jan 30 Open House 6:30
- Feb 22 State FIRST Robotics Competition
- Mar 01 Scripps Spelling Bee Gr. 6 - 8 3:30 pm
Expectations of Scholars, Parents, and Capstone Classical Academy
Capstone Classical Academy is based in a premise of three players that are mandatory for a scholar to succeed. The Scholar, the Parent, and the Academy all have parts to play that are integral to scholar success. Without one of the corners of the triangle, the shape loses its strength and is no longer useful. The triangle indicates necessary elements to success.
Parents are integral and agree to:
- Get students to and from school on time. Currently the hours will be 8:30–4:05 Monday through Thursday and 8:00–noon on Fridays.
- Support learning initiatives – be intimately involved with the scholar’s learning experience
- Volunteer to mentor scholars in classrooms and hubs when possible
- Volunteer expertise in career fields to mentor scholars toward college and careers
- Volunteer expertise in fundraising, FMP, and advertising
- Support the vision, mission, and philosophy of Capstone
- Abide by all communication policies
The scholar and his/her success are the focus of the academy and therefore agree to:
- Abide by the honor code, respect authority, and support the eight virtues
- Engage in the curriculum, performing at capacity to prove mastery and excellence
- Cooperate with fellow scholars to support a unique learning environment
- Remain committed to goal setting and weekly communis meetings with mentors
Capstone, as an Academy that is family centered and scholar focused will therefore agree to:
- Provide individual learning plans appropriate to each scholar
- Support and respect positive family involvement in learning plans
- Provide excellent mentors and instructors to engage the curriculum
- Have an open line of communication between families, administration, mentors and instructors
Applications are now being accepted at the link below. Capstone will continue to take applications until February 2, 2018 and will run a lottery that evening. Accepted scholars will be notified the following Monday via email and will have two days to accept their seat. If they do not accept the seat, the next scholar on the waiting list will be offered the seat until all waiting list scholars have been addressed. Following February, the lottery will run the first Friday of each month.
For the 2018-2019 school year there are 60 seats available in grade 6, 200 in grades 7 - 8 and 100 in grades 9 - 12.
Together, the mission of preparing virtuous scholars for life after high school can be achieved. It is binding, however, that all cooperate and move forward to the goals set for each scholar in order to achieve success.
Notice of Nondiscrimination: Applicants for admissions and employment, students, parents, persons with disabilities, employees, and all unions or professional organizations holding collective bargaining or professional agreements with Capstone Classical Academy are hereby notified that this district does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex. color, national origin, age, or disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities.
If you believe your family desires this type of education, please continue to this link to apply: