Expectations of Scholars, Parents, and Capstone Classical Academy
Capstone Classical Academy is based in a premise of three players that are mandatory for a scholar to succeed. The Scholar, the Parent, and the Academy all have parts to play that are integral to scholar success. Without one of the corners of the triangle, the shape loses its strength and is no longer useful. The triangle indicates necessary elements to success.
Parents are integral and agree to:
- Get students to and from school on time. Currently the hours will be 8:30–4:00 Monday through Thursday and 8:00–noon on Fridays.
- Support learning initiatives – be intimately involved with the scholar’s learning experience
- Volunteer to mentor scholars in classrooms and hubs when possible
- Volunteer expertise in career fields to mentor scholars toward college and careers
- Volunteer expertise in fundraising, FMP, and advertising
- Support the vision, mission, and philosophy of Capstone
- Abide by all communication policies
The scholar and his/her success are the focus of the academy and therefore agree to:
- Abide by the honor code, respect authority, and support the eight virtues
- Engage in the curriculum, performing at capacity to prove mastery and excellence
- Cooperate with fellow scholars to support a unique learning environment
- Remain committed to goal setting and weekly communis meetings with mentors
Capstone, as an Academy that is family centered and scholar focused will therefore agree to:
- Provide individual learning plans appropriate to each scholar
- Support and respect positive family involvement in learning plans
- Provide excellent mentors and instructors to engage the curriculum
- Have an open line of communication between families, administration, mentors and instructors
Applications are now being accepted at the link below. Capstone will continue to take applications until February 2, 2018 and will run a lottery on February 5, 2018. Accepted scholars will be notified via email and will have two days to accept their seat. If they do not accept the seat, the next scholar on the waiting list will be offered the seat until all waiting list scholars have been addressed.
For the 2018-2019 school year there are 60 seats available in grade 6, 200 in grades 7 - 8 and 100 in grades 9 - 12.
Together, the mission of preparing virtuous scholars for life after high school can be achieved. It is binding, however, that all cooperate and move forward to the goals set for each scholar in order to achieve success.
Notice of Nondiscrimination: Applicants for admissions and employment, students, parents, persons with disabilities, employees, and all unions or professional organizations holding collective bargaining or professional agreements with Capstone Classical Academy are hereby notified that this district does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex. color, national origin, age, or disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities.
If you believe your family desires this type of education, please continue to this link to apply: